Thursday, July 2, 2009

Watch Your Coupons (or Bad Cashier!!!)

Last night at Wal-mart, I had a nice cashier who didn't blink at my 1/2 cart of price matching items, however, she was coupon clueless.

She gave me the total, but had only taken 2 of my coupons off. When I pointed this out, she said, "Well, when you price match, the coupons don't work."

WRONG!!! In the first place, price match items will work with coupons. In the second place, the coupons that didn't go through were not items I had price matched.

I didn't have the energy to argue, so I decided I'd just take them to the service desk and have them give me the money back.

The rub was, she was keeping my coupons! When I asked for the ones back that hadn't gone through, she said, "I don't know which ones came off and which ones were refused." She had just shoved them all into her coupon bag.

She finally relented and started digging through the bag. I got them back, took them to the service desk and they gave me cash for the coupons.

Moral of the story: It pays to know how many coupons you're using so you can make sure they're all taken off by the cashier.

And just in case you every need it to (VERY politely!) educate a Wal-mart cashier, you can print off a copy of their policy HERE.

No comments: